As a collector, you understand that collecting art is not only profitable, but gratifying and fun.
For you, the collector, art, and its appreciation is a way of life. It is emotional, conceptual, and intellectual.
Where should you start?
The answer is The Art Center Cooperative.
Regardless of what genre and medium interests you, The Art Center provides a highly diversified portfolio of original fine art from member and guest artists. Have fun as you explore the works at one of our three galleries or online. Contact us to begin. Members are available to assist you with building your collection.
Art collecting tips:
• Buy art because you like it, it moves you, and it will enhance your life.
• Visit The Art Center, gallery staff can be helpful guides in your art education.
• Get on The Art Center mailing list so you’ll be invited to openings and special events.
• Visit and join your local art museums and nonprofit art centers.
• Curators sometimes give lectures on collecting art.
• Attend National and International Art Fairs and Art Expos whenever possible.
• If you know art collectors, talk to them and find out what they know and what they’ve learned about collecting art.
• Read books on art history and books about collecting art.
• Subscribe to a few art magazines.
• Working with a professional art adviser/art consultant is a good way to learn about art collecting, and they will guide you through the process of purchasing art.
• Once you’ve educated yourself and have fallen in love with a work of art, buy it, take it home and enjoy it.