Application for membership: Download application
Download General Member Contract (working the gallery not required but highly encouraged)
Artists must go through a jury process to become an Art Center artist. All artists working in fine arts and fine crafts are eligible. Fine crafts include such work as ceramics, textiles, jewelry, sculpture, glass, and more.
Every Art Center member artist is involved in the day to day operation of our gallery from curating, to sales, to maintenance. Active participation by all members is essential to the success of all of our gallery spaces. Members are also responsible for working in the gallery according to their member contracts. Members handle inquiries, sales transactions, and general daily tasks.
All members are required to attend quarterly general meetings to keep up with current TAC business. Members must participate in one or more gallery responsibilities, which may require up to six hours or more of their time each month in addition to their days working at the Main Gallery. Details of member requirements are stated in the General member contracts.
• Applications will be accepted and given to the lead for the jury committee.
• The lead will contact prospective members.
• The Jury will take place.
• Each applicant must send a website address of a minimum of 5 images in jpeg format to the lead of the jury committee prior to the meeting of the jury. The applicant must also bring 3- 5 additional pieces to the gallery no later than 2 pm on the day of the jury.
• The applicant will be notified by email or letter of the decision of the Jury Committee.
• If accepted the applicant must complete a contract, remit payment to the treasurer and sign up for work hours prior to displaying their artwork.
The Jury is scheduled monthly, upon receipt of non-refundable $20 application for membership. If accepted this fee is applied towards your membership. Work should be dropped off at the Main Gallery no later than 2 pm.
You will be notified by email no later than Monday following the Jury process.
There is a panel of 3 jurors selected from the jury committee.
All contracts are for a minimum of 3 months, and require a 1 month written resignation notice. Upon jury selection, the applicant becomes a general member.
General membership is Fifty Dollars Monthly ($50 due monthly) with a 20% commission to the gallery. This membership allows each member to display 2-5 works on a designated wall or designated space for sculptures. General (non working) members also receive an artist page featuring 2 images of their work, artist statement, contact information (with active links to their website), and their own web photo album. This membership requires the member to be actively involved in at least 1 committee and participate on a regular basis at special functions, art walks, featured artist shows and community projects.
Member meetings are held on the fourth Monday evening of the month from 6:00 P.M. – 7:00 P.M. unless otherwise noted. They take place in the Main Gallery at 229 North Hogan Street in Downtown Jacksonville. Parking is available on the street. Parking meters do not run after 6:00 P.M.