- Our Florida at the Jacksonville Main Library
- Have a Snapping Good Time in Florida
Have a Snapping Good Time in Florida
Have a Snapping Good Time in Florida by Lisa Lofton
Besides beaches, my experience has been that tourists often ask about Alligators when they come to Florida. A friend of mine from California asked, "How do you live with those things"? I often wonder how they live with us. The Alligator Farm in St. Augustine has been a longtime tourist attraction and zoological park with one of the best bird breeding records anywhere. The birds build their nests on small islands that are surrounded by lagoons filled with gators. This keeps all of the land predators from stealing the eggs from the nests. I love the build boards with their snappy logos and look for items that maybe been kept as souvenirs by the many people who have visited the park. This is a new piece for my Vintage Florida Series.
This piece is part of the “Our Florida” Jacksonville Main Library Exhibition.
- OPENING RECEPTION: August 3rd, 2022, 6pm-8pm
- EXHIBITION DATES: August 3rd, 2022 - September 24th, 2022
- EXHIBITION LOCATION: Main Library Gallery, N Laura St, Downtown Jacksonville
- ART PICKUP: To collect your purchased artwork, please come to the Art Center Cooperative, Inc after September 27th, Mon-Sat Noon-5pm.
Artist Lisa Lofton
- Colors of the art may differ slightly from the original. Computer monitor color display settings vary; please call the gallery with any questions.
- Size includes frame in the dimensions if applicable.
- Please check our gallery purchase policies during checkout.